Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: There's a little black dot in my viewfinder

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Pennyroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2004
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In my viewfinder there's a little black dot, to the right of the focusing prism. It's so close to the middle of the screen that I hate it. It doesn't appear to be on the lens glass, and it doesn't move if I adjust the focusing or zoom. It always stays in the same spot. I'm thinking it must be deeper inside the camera, like a spot of dirt. Is there any way to get rid of it?

    There's a little slot in the film compartment, where the film enters the camera, and I figured I could maybe try shooting some canned air inside to try to blow away the dirt. Good idea?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have you tried shooting film with this camera? If so is the image effected?

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm...

    A second thought:

    If you are seeing it in the viewfinder it can't be something you could remove by blowing air into the gate, since the light for the viewfinder is split off prior to the aperture. So something on the optics right in front of the gate shouldn't be visible in the viewfinder.

    I'm hoping what your seeing is something inside the viewfinder itself and won't get on the filmed image.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by BolexPlusx:

    I'm hoping what your seeing is something inside the viewfinder itself and won't get on the filmed image.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Probably. If the dot looks sharp then it's probably on the focus screen and will not hinder the image going to the film. I wouldn't worry and go ahead and film a cart. My Minolta D12 has at least 5-6 pieces of lint that show in the viewfinder image but the filmed results with the camera have been just fine.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Pennyroyal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2004
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •